The Concept of Jack Attack
If you’re looking for a fun way to get into lawn bowls, then Jack Attack is for you! Think of it like the T20 in cricket although its competitive Barefoot bowls. It’s three players per team (Known as triples), each with two bowls, who play two sets of five ends, and it’s all over in less than 75 minutes!
Its fast, exciting, and easy to understand.
- Three players per team
- Team order can be interchangeable
- Each player plays two bowls per end
- Five ends completes a set
- Two sets completes a match
- A sudden-death tie-break will determine a winner, should sets be evenly split
- Players aim to deliver their bowl as close to the jack as possible
- The number of your team’s bowls closer to the jack than the nearest opposition bowl is the number of points you score
- The jack is placed wherever the winning team wants at the opposite end of the green
- Players to wait until all bowls are delivered before changing ends
- Each team gets to have one power-play end per set. A power-play is where points are worth double.
- Should the jack be knocked out of play, it will be re-placed back in a central position known as the ‘T’
Jack Attack Dates
Wednesday 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st March 2021 from 6:30pm
Nightly Entry: $20 per team (3 players)
4 Week Entry: $60 per team (3 players)
There will be weekly prizes as well as overall prizes.